National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Monthly Prevention Topics
Be Safe: Prevent Sexually Transmitted Infections September 2021
Be Safe: Prevent STIs here.
All Monthly Prevention Topics include patient handouts to download and useful websites. Many of the topics correlate with the National Health Observances. You can have the handouts available in waiting rooms, health fairs and other educational forums.
- September 2021: Be Safe: Prevent STIs. You can protect yourself
against STIs with healthy habits
and screening tests to ensure
your best health. Find out more
- September 2021: Be Safe: Prevent STIs
- October 2021: Get Recommended Vaccines and Screening Tests: Focus on Cancer Early Detection
- November 2021: Be Tobacco Free
- December 2021: Manage Stress
- August 2021: Get Recommended Screening Tests and Immunizations
- July 2021: Be Involved in Your Health Care: Ask About Low Blood Sugars
- June 2021: Eat Wisely
- May 2021: Be Physically Active
- April 2021: Limit Alcohol
- March 2021: Sleep Well
- February 2021: Strive for a Healthy Weight. Losing even a little can help Learn more here about ways to do so.
- January 2021: Be Involved in Your Health Care It is more important than ever to begin taking an active role in your health. Learn more hereabout ways to do so.
- December 2020: Manage Stress The current COVID-19 pandemic has increased stress levels for everyone.. Learn more here about specific techniques you can use to manage stress more effectively.
- November 2020: Be Tobacco Free Thinking about quitting? We can help. Quitting tobacco is the number one step to take to improve your health. Learn more here.
- October 2020: Get Recommended Screenings Stay up-to-date on your preventive health care needs (including breast cancer screening) Learn more here.
- September 2020 Be Safe: Prevent STIs. Learn more about the actions you can take to protect yourself against the spread of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)here.
- August 2020: Get Recommended Immunizations Don’t forget your annual flu shot. Talk with your provider and Learn more here.
- July 2020: Ask About Low Blood Sugars Prevent episodes of low blood sugar to manage diabetes. Learn more here.
- June 2020: Be Safe: Prevent Falls Older adults can be at higher risk of falling, learn more here about how to prevent falls.