National Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
Monthly Prevention Topics
Be Involved in Your Health Care January 2021
It is more important than ever
to begin taking an active role
in your health.
Learn more about ways to do so.
All Monthly Prevention Topics include patient handouts to download and useful websites. Many of the topics correlate with the National Health Observances. You can have the handouts available in waiting rooms, health fairs and other educational forums.
- January 2021: Be Involved in Your Health Care It is more important than ever to begin taking an active role in your health. Learn more about ways to do so.
- February 2021: Strive for a Healthy Weight
- March 2021: Sleep Well
- April 2021: Limit Alcohol
- May 2021: Be Physically Active
- June 2021: Eat Wisely
- July 2021: Be Involved in Your Health Care: Ask About Low Blood Sugars
- August 2021: Get Recommended Vaccines and Screening Tests: Focus on Vaccinations
- September 2021: Be Safe: STIs
- October 2021: Get Recommended Vaccines and Screening Tests: Focus on Cancer Early Detection
- November 2021: Be Tobacco Free
- December 2021: Manage Stress
- December 2020: Manage Stress The current COVID-19 pandemic has increased stress levels for everyone.. Learn more here about specific techniques you can use to manage stress more effectively.
- November 2020: Be Tobacco Free Thinking about quitting? We can help. Quitting tobacco is the number one step to take to improve your health. Learn more here.
- October 2020: Get Recommended Screenings Stay up-to-date on your preventive health care needs (including breast cancer screening) Learn more here.
- September 2020 Be Safe: Prevent STIs. Learn more about the actions you can take to protect yourself against the spread of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs)here.
- August 2020: Get Recommended Immunizations Don’t forget your annual flu shot. Talk with your provider and Learn more here.
- July 2020: Ask About Low Blood Sugars Prevent episodes of low blood sugar to manage diabetes. Learn more here.
- June 2020: Be Safe: Prevent Falls Older adults can be at higher risk of falling, learn more here about how to prevent falls.
- May 2020: Be Physically Active Be Physically Active to take care of yourself and your health. Learn more here.
- April 2020: Limit Alcohol If you choose to drink alcohol, drink in moderation and avoid "binge drinking." Learn more here
- March 2020: Eat Wisely Follow some of these tips to eat wisely and improve your overall health and well-being.
- February 2020: Strive for a Healthy Weight Controlling your weight helps you stay healthy now and in the future.
- January 2020: Be Involved in Your Health Care You can take an active role in your health care. Work with your health care team to manage your health.